Friday, July 24, 2009

Mandatory influenza vaccination?

The New York State Hospital Planning and Review Council has passed a regulation that could mandate influenza vaccination of all healthcare workers despite strong opposition from the New York Nurses Association. While I am an avid proponent of influenza vaccination for healthcare workers, believe that hospitals should make every effort to remove barriers to vaccination, and dutifully receive the vaccine every year myself, I remain conflicted about mandating the vaccine. I usually don't have trouble forming an opinion about most aspects of infection prevention and control, but this is one issue that I can't seem to resolve.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful and beneficial to your readers.

    Oes Tsetnoc
    Oes Tsetnoc
    Oes Tsetnoc
    Kerja Keras Adalah Energi Kita

    ReplyDelete