Compehensive Infection Control Campaign (video)

"The Blues ain't about making yourself feel better, it's about making other people feel worse." - Bleeding Gums Murphy to Lisa Simpson

I was, as we used to say, 'surfing the web' looking for implementation ideas for infection control interventions, particularly hand hygiene, when I stumbled on this video.  I really like this campaign from University College London Hospitals and especially liked the lenticular buttons and posters. "Give Bugs Hell. Use the Gel" and "1 in 3 of us carry bacteria that can kill" were effective I think, as was the Blues.

I found it interesting that Chairman, Sir Peter Dixon was worried that "there was a risk to doing this" campaign since it might suggest they have an active problem with HAIs at the UCLH rather than the truth that they were "launching this because they wanted to stay on top of this."  That sums up infection prevention and public health in a nutshell I think.  I'm impressed with his comments and UCLH's campaign.

Comments

Most Read Posts (Last 30 Days)